Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My First Blog!!

I have been thinking about starting a blog for quite a while and decided now, being that it's summer, would be the perfect time!! Of course after reading a few of my friends' blogs, and some of complete strangers, I was completely overwhelmed and hesitant. Then I thought that all of them had to start from the beginning too, and that I would just dive into this huge ocean of blogging like a scuba diver on an exciting journey of discovery!!

Here's a little bit about myself, just to get started. I am 49, and have been marrined to my sweet and crazy husband, James, for 26 years. We have two children who come and go with the wind these days! Lindsey is 21 and is about to begin her senior year of college. She is majoring in Nutrition/Dietetics. This summer she has her first job relating to her major at a hospital. She assembles food trays, and delivers them to the patients' floors. We jokingly call her the "Lunch Lady." She is also taking a summer school class, babysitting and hanging out with many friends both here and in Tulsa.

Our son Landon is 18, and he's about to begin his college days very soon! As a matter of fact, just this morning he officially got his roommate and dorm assignment from Oklahoma State University!! The fact that he is actually going there is a blog post all it's own. He is busy working at McAlister's Deli and Target this summer, along with spending every minute he can with his group of friends from school and church before they all go off their own ways in the fall.

I have a little calendar in our kitchen that we keep every one's schedule of work and activities on so that I can have some idea of who is doing what and when. I am a teacher during the school year, but for the summer I am working part time at an eye doctor's office, tutoring a little bit, and mostly just trying to relax and have FUN! I love to read, go on walks, play with my two dogs, hang out with my family and visit with friends. Throw in a little shopping, traveling, cooking, FaceBooking, entertaining and there you have it...my summer!!

I have always loved to write, but find that sometimes the hardest part is just getting started!! Now that I have overcome the fear of writing my first blog post, I feel a sense of accomplishment, even if it is only for myself that I write. I have no idea where this blog will lead me, but I am open to giving it a heartfelt try.

3 comments:

  1. Will be fun to see where this leads Sharn Jean! Love you and hope your summer is very fun and relaxing! MAYBE we'll get to see you!?

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Welcome to Blogville!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it!!! You are a natural! This was the first of many blogs to come! I am very proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete